11 April 2014

BELL PEPPER CHANA SUNDAL


This recipe is inspired by my blogger friend. . I too have frozen chickpeas, frozen yellow peas in my freezer most of the time. I cook then in bulk and freeze it for my use whenever I'm lazy or have no time to cook meal. 




Ingredients


3cups Cooked chickpeas
1 onion chopped finely 
1 cup green bell pepper chopped 
2nos Green chillies chopped
1/2 tsp fennel seed powder
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
1/2 tsp Amchur Powder
1tsp Chaat masala
Curry leaves
Few coriander leaves
Salt as per taste 
1 tbsp 
1" piece ginger finely chopped


Method


Heat oil in a nonstick frying pan, fry the fennel seed powder.Now add the chopped onions, grated ginger,curry leaves,chopped green chillies.
Now add the  chopped bell peppers, salt and cook for few minutes.
Finally add the garam masala powder, chaat masala, amchur powder,cooked chick peas and chopped coriander leaves,give a stir.( you can add the masala powders according to your taste. I like to add lots of coriander leaves as it tastes good.) 
Enjoy as evening snacks.
Saute  until the onions turns transculent.
Stir well so that all that all spice powders get mixed with the chickpeas. 
Cover with a lid and cook on low flame for 5-8 minutes. 

No comments: