13 June 2014

DAL PALAK

I usually make dal atleast 2 times a week. Whenever I have palak or spinach I add to the dal, its healthy too. My kids like to eat palak in this form , lucky me.



Ingredients


1 bunch Palak (2 cups tightly packed) roughly chopped
1/2cup Toor Dal 
1/2cup Masoor dal
1 Onion finely sliced
10 cloves Garlic cloves chopped roughly
1 big Tomato sliced
1tsp Turmeric powder 
4-6 green chillies slit
Salt - to taste
1 tsp ghee or oil

Method:

Pressure cook toor dal, masoor dal, sliced onions, 6 garlic , green chillies, turmeric powder , salt upto 4-5 whistles until dal gets fully cooked. Set it aside.
Heat oil in a kadhai, add remaining garlic and fry till light brown . 
Now add the cooked dal mixture to this and boil.
Add the chopped tomatoes and chopped palak along with salt.
Boil this on medium flame until palak is cooked .
Allow it for a boil and switch it off as per your required consistency.
Serve hot with a dollop of ghee with rice or roti.



No comments: